2023 GOAL SETTING WITH ADAM, CEO OF MIGOALS
Are you looking for motivation to kick start 2023 the right way, and set your goals and intentions for the year?
We chatted to Adam Jelic, CEO and Founder of MiGoals all about his journey into goal setting, and tips for setting clear and actionable goals.
What inspired you to start MiGoals and tell us about the journey that got you here?
I started MiGoals as a result of wanting to create a product for myself that would allow me to set, track and achieve my goals in a well designed diary format. Basically, it was a passion project to start with and then I realised that a lot of other people could also benefit from using my diaries and journals to achieve their goals, thus I decided to turn the passion project into a proper business. Since then, MiGoals has grown to be one of Australia's leading empowering stationery brands which is something I am really proud of.
Why is goal setting important?
For me, goal setting is simply a tool to help you gain clarity, focus and direction towards the things that ultimately matter to you most. I think it has always been a logical thing for me; if you want to improve your odds of success then write your goals down because it will at least give you a road map towards those goals as opposed to just going with the flow and hoping for the best. As I say often say, goal setting won’t guarantee success but it will improve your odds of success.
What are some easy actions people can take right now to achieve their goals?
First and foremost, take some time to write your goals down in detail. Too often I hear people say they have their goals in their head, which is great but the fact is - the average human has typically 50,000 thoughts per day, meaning often our goals and dreams often get lost in the clutter.
Secondly, in connection to writing your goals down, make sure you choose goals that actually mean something to you. Typically for me, my breakdown is 80% of the goals I choose and write I am passionate about and reflect my core values and purpose, the remaining 20% of goals are goals I might not be as passionate about, however they are still important to me and my growth.
Lastly, the most important thing you can do right now is to take consistent, daily action towards your goals. The compounding effect of making daily actions over a period of time is game changing in all parts of your life, so get into the habit of making progress everyday and the results will speak for themselves in the next few months.
What are the top 3 products from the MiGoals range you’d recommend people can use to get started at achieving their goals?
Goal Digger Planner - Our favourite yearly planner which acts as a life coach and helps you set your goals, organise your week and ultimately sets your year up for success.
90 Day Progress Journal - A non-dated daily journal, again similar to our diaries and planners, the 90 Day Progress Journal is all about helping you achieve your goals and make consistent daily progress towards the life you desire.
Focus Desk Pad - is based on the Eisenhower matrix which is a popular productivity and time management framework. If you're looking for a tool to help you get the most out of your day, then the focus pad is your tool of choice.
Do you have any tips about how to stay focused on your goal?
Make daily progress, the best way to do that is to have in place some good habits and rituals which should help you grow as a person and also lead you towards your goals and vision.
Secondly, have or build a good support network around you. As the saying goes, teamwork makes the dream work. Yes you can still achieve your goals as a lone wolf, but if you want to really make sure you stay focused and increase your chances of success, then build a support network that will help you in both good and bad times.